Welcome!

I'm always looking for new and creative ways to spruce up things around my house, and love quick and easy crafts! I am slowly working on adding more great ideas to my blogs that I love/have done, etc. I hope everyone enjoys everything I have posted so far! I have added a new gaming page since I am an avid gamer myself. Feel free to follow my blog, and please give me your feedback! Have a great day!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Great Craft In Store For You :)

There are a few things I've been wanting to do around the house to spruce a few things up! One thing being our filing cabinet! My mom had given us the filing cabinet because we greatly needed a place to store files, etc. I knew it had to be painted, but wasn't sure what color, or how to go about it. I came across this great idea while online and thought I would share it with all of you and also try it myself this weekend! Painted filing cabinets with decorative paper on the doors, how cute is that?! I will definitely share my pictures and tips with you that I find! These are pics that I found on the internet for now :)
So you pick the color that you want to paint the cabinet (your main color). Then I read to take the doors off of the cabinet, but you could also just tape around the doors and spray paint around it. (Probably what I am going to do! haha) After painting it be sure to let it dry good. As for the paper, I'm sure places like Hobby Lobby and other craft stores will have paper like this. (You could even use wallpaper I'm sure, just message me if you get lost with the whole paper situation.) I would advise taking the handles off of the doors before you put the paper on and just cut around the areas where the paper should not be. (Cutting around those areas seems to be the hardest part of this craft.) Then just put the handles back on the doors and put everything back in place! And you're done! I really hope you all enjoyed this craft. I can't wait to try it! 

This craft looks to me on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the hardest) about a 4 or 5? I will be sure to update that again AFTER I do it! :) Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. This is a neat idea, I have an old filing cabinet and i'm going to try this. I saw something similar you can do with fabric which probably works best with wooden surfaces. I'm going to try it on an old nightstand.
    Lela

    ReplyDelete